Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

All Moved In and 20 Days Until the Wedding

We are finally moved into our new apartment and away from our room mate. The latter of the two I  am actually happier about. The moving day was kind of nuts and as I expected a lot of people bailed out on us at the last minute but luckily we had a guy from my work volunteer to help and things went pretty smoothly. The new apartment has an elevator so taking things up wasn't nearly as hard taking things down the stairs at the old place. After we packed the two bedroom full of our crap (and believe me we have plenty of it) we went to bed and slept like logs. 


The next morning involved some donuts and then back to the old apartment to clean it up so we aren't charged. The cleaning took like 6 hours. And because I am ridiculously meticulous I scrubbed just about everything down. Curtis did a lot of trash runs and vacuumed the entire place among other things. After it was all said and done we still forgot to give them the gym key AND we ended up leaving a chocolate bar and gummie bears in one of the cabinets. Its my own fault for not doing a walk through of the whole place and checking all the cabinets. 


The new apartment is not what I expected it to be. I don't think anyone cleaned it and there were things that were obviously not painted and tended to. Plus apparently someone on our floor has a dog and lets them urinate in the hallway so I bet you can imagine the lovely smells that were happening. 


I only have another 20 days left until the wedding. I still need to go in tomorrow to try on my dress again and pray that it fits the way its supposed to. I haven't lost any weight recently, though I haven't gained back what I lost, and no matter how much I keep telling myself I will start going to the gym I keep just not doing, my excuse is still life is getting in the way. I am almost certain I will have fat arms in my dress which means I will have to be very careful about how I pose in the pictures so I can try and hide it. 


I still need shoes, centerpieces and I need to figure out if I can make the puff balls for the pews or should I try to learn how to make bows instead. I also wanted some disposable cameras but I'm not sure how well that will work out, financially speaking. 


Curtis is back in school and work are all swinging along. One of his co-workers just got a promotion to assistant manager and while that guy has been there for 5 years (which in and of itself is sad) Curtis is the one getting all the numbers and wasn't even told he could interview for the position. No one was told. The one guy just got the spot. Its been making me so mad I want to punch the guy in the face even though I guess its not his fault. I think people at Curtis' work are lying to him. I feel like they just keep stringing him along and no one cares that he is amazing at what he does, he is trying to start a family, he is in school to better himself (which is more than what I can say for Joe the other guy seeing as he lives at home with mommy and daddy and has no aspirations what-so-ever) and it seems like they don;t care about any of that. He goes in when you call him even though he wasn't scheduled he is a team player so WTF?!?!? I think its time for them to pay their damn dues. I feel so bad because I know its not his fault and he feels like crap because he keeps thinking he is doing something wrong. 


I've in general had it with that job. I can't wait for him to graduate so he can get a full time well paying job and give them the big F U. Oh and surprise all of a sudden the store drops dramatically in sales... hmmm I wonder what the x factor there would be. fuckers. In the mean time we both just have to suck it up for the next couple of months. Who knows maybe another position will open up... and MAYBE he will actually FREAKING GET IT THIS TIME. 

No comments:

Post a Comment