Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sweet Thoughtfullness


So yesterday after an absolute nightmare of a day (read blog below this one) I come home do my usual searches online, see how my ebay sales are going, and wait for Curtis to come home from work. He is usually home by 9:30pm sometimes a little later depending on what all has to get done in the store. So I make a quick dinner for the two of us and wait patiently.

When he finally does come home all it takes is one look at his face and I know the day has been just as hard on him as it was for me. I do my usual routine of how was your day yadda yadda and I ask him if he had time to stop by his step-fathers. The reason I ask this is because his step dad is a jeweler and we found a one carat princess cut very clean diamond at his shop, the best part though is that he is selling it to us for ONLY $1,000 which when it comes to diamonds of that quality it is hard to get. My only concern with the ring is that the band is very thin and I worry about damaging it. We have looked at other bands and different settings and there is one setting I absolutely adore but it has more diamonds to it and it means its going to cost more money. So no matter what though I am going to LOVE that ring!

Okay okay so I ask him if he stopped by his step dad's because he needed to tell him to hold the ring for us and me being me I was very scared someone else might pick it up before we got it and he refused to leave a message with his step dad's mother-in-law. So he goes to tell me that YES he did stop by and not only that but he also put a down payment of $100 on the ring. Now at this point I am like HUH?!?!? Where did you get that money?!?!? (I know every dime that comes in and goes out of our house so it go me worried a little). Well he goes on to tell he sold the wedding bands from his prior marriage (which ended 4 and a half years ago).

I was in absolute shock, we are talking mouth open wide. I at no point asked him to get rid of the rings and I know it meant a lot to him to still have it. He actually made those bands himself when he was working with his step dad in the jewelry shop. I asked him why he did it and he said it was time to let go. I told him he didn't have to do that and he said, yes, I did. At this point I had tears in my eyes because yet again he proved to me how much I mean to him and how much he wants our life together to progress.

I am so lucky to have found a man like him. I have to keep in mind every day that no matter what struggles we are going to face in the future and I have no doubt that there will be plenty, we will get through it together.

I still can't believe he actually gave up the rings. I do have to admit it made me very happy in a sort of selfish way but he came to the decision on his own and that's what really makes the act so meaningful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment