Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Get Me to the Church on Time

So we STILL do not have an answer about the church BUT we know for sure the pastor will be there this coming Sunday. Curtis has a strong feeling that its going to work out just fine and I keep having a strong feeling like something is going to fall apart at the seams. 


I found a very affordable videographer (550-625 for 4 hours of filming) BUT this means that we now have to save up even MORE money for the wedding. We originally started this wedding trying to keep the costs at around $4000 for the whole thing, if I add up everything I have in mind so far and the little things I have bought for it here and there the total cost is probably going to be closer to  $7000 and we are still below our goal by about $1200-$1000. How in the world we are going to come up with that amount of money in the next two months (and yes the wedding is in EXACTLY two months) I have no idea. On top of it all we are also moving which so far has been a giant pain because no one wants to wait a month before they get paid for rent. (we aren't moving till Sep. 17th).


The job opportunity we thought was going to come up for Curtis we are not so sure about now. The guy said he would email him the information but nothing has shown up yet. Curtis is starting to think maybe the guy was just being nice with the offer (which to me doesn't make sense because its NOT nice to offer someone a possible job when really you don't want them for it). 


Things at the restaurant are starting to get to me a little. I am working there anywhere from 3-5 days a week which means my working hours for the week between the two jobs is now anywhere from 50-55 hours a week (sometimes more if we get slammed). Plus the fact I am only getting $7 an hour when I am the dishwasher doesn't help things. If I am the cashier and I get my 10% on a good night the hourly rate averages out to about $10 an hour. However they have this thing where if you make a mistake on the check it comes out of your pay. Now I have been there for a couple of months and it just seems so odd to me that I didn't make a mistake for months and now I have 3 mistakes in a row. I have this horrible feeling that someone is messing with me. At this point I think I have just decided that I am just not going to touch the receipts period. My co-workers won't be too happy about this but as the hostess I am not really supposed to be messing with the checks to begin with. 


I think no matter what I need to get out of there and soon. But I really like having this extra income available. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you'll have a lot less stress when this wedding is over. I had a small wedding and if I had it to do over again I would have an even smaller one. Just sayin. . .

    ReplyDelete