Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm Still Here (at work)

So as of right now, I am still working at my current job. No one even brought up the issue which either means 1) my co-worker didn't mention it to anyone OR 2) they are going to have a talk with me later (possibly bring it up during my yearly review?). So while I am still a little on edge and have been playing "nice-nice" with everyone just in case. Curtis was right when he said it probably isn't a good reason to get rid of me seeing as the file was going to be shredded if she didn't say anything but still... I worry (possibly too much). 


Now as far as my other job goes... Not doing so hot over there. I worked with just one girl last night and I said to her "I have been thinking of a good way to ask this but I haven't been able to think of one, so I'm warning you now its going to sound rude. Why is it that you talk to me today but yesterday you didn't bother to say two words to me?" At first she seem rather flabbergasted that I asked this and then she got upset (reasonably so, i told her it was going to sound rude) and she said because you came in here with such a bad attitude and every time I tried to talk to you you just said you couldn't hear me. I interrupted and said as far as I could see it (and I tried to say that in a non-accusing tone) the only time you talked to me yesterday was when  you needed something, and no, I couldn't hear you.  


People were starting to come into the restaurant so the conversation kind of got cut off there but she did say one day your up next day your down I don't know what kind of mood you're going to be in. I retorted with why does it matter? Now seeing that yes I can be a downer sometimes I don't feel being ignored for it helps anything. Not to mention that the guy we work with is a CONSTANT downer. He talks badly about his job (which he wouldn't even have if he didn't marry the owner's daughter) while his boss is there, he talks badly about his wife (and while some of the things he says might be true I don't believe in talking so harshly about your spouse in the middle of working hours) for example, she is a bad mother... yeah... I have to wonder if she even knows all the crap he says about her. I don't want to be nosy and tell her either but it bugs the crap out of me. 


On the plus side I did hash things out with Kate and told her it bothered me when she said "Fuck You" to me last week while we were working and while she tried to brush it off that hey she was trying to say it like a joke and didn't mean anything by it I hope it hit home a little. I just don't expect to be cursed at while at work, if you are cursing in general at work (which is very common there) I don't really care, I curse too so I wouldn't expect you to just not curse at all. In the end we hashed it out and I told her I talked to you about it, got it out, I'm done with it. And I went home. 


I am going to work there again tonight and frankly... I DO NOT want to! but we are very close to reaching our first goal as far as the wedding goes ($1200 for flowers, gifts/treats for the guests, jewelry, hair/make-up, church (which we still don't know the cost of or if we can even have it there), and a limo). We are currently at a little over $800 so about three more weeks of working at the restaurant (possibly more if it keeps slowing down) and we will be set. Some other things that I need to pay for though after that expense... a videographer and we need to pay his friend for DJing. His friend is giving us a great price but I still want to talk to him about his experience as a wedding DJ. 


I know there are going to be other costs that come up along the way (garter belt, brides maid and grooms man gifts, Wedding Card Box, Aisle runner) but the essential things will be covered. I am also going to work on making some fake paper flower balls that I can put on the pews on the church (if we get in). 


Oh and did I mention we are moving soon? Yeah on top of everything else we will be moving in the middle of September right before the wedding and I am trying to find us a nice 3 bedroom place for under $750 but so far they are all in bad neighborhoods. We will probably end up in a 2 bedroom which is big enough for us I just wanted a place where we can grow a little.


My mom will be visiting us at the end of August. We will be packing and she will be staying over. She will be sleeping in Curtis' office with ALL of his transformers and old school video games are, its going to be interesting. I really hope she doesn't go through his things, or my things for that matter. I am a little worried about leaving her alone in my house. With that said knowing us we will end getting into an argument in the first 2 days and she will end up staying with George. All in all I hope it works out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment