Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My 4 Day Weekend (Day 4)

Monday rolls around...

I was actually supposed to go to school with Curtis all day on Monday but the dentist scheduled me to get my filling done at 2:30 that day and I didn't want to spend the money on gas to drive all the way down to St. Pete and then all the way over to Tampa and only be able to see what two of his classes are like, one of which is not even music related. So I stayed home. I was quite productive though! I made lunch which is a pot roast/pork roast deal.


Now I by no means plan to turn this into a cooking blog but I do want to share this for my own future reference if possibly for anyone else's This makes enough food for about two adults and two kids or three adults. The cost minus the sides is a whopping $8 max. Here is the recipe with pics:


Step 1: Buy pretty much and kind of pork you want from the super market, I bought the Half Fresh Picnic because its only $1.69 a pound right now at Publix. (Buy around 4 or more pounds of it.)

Step 2: Buy this super awesome helper! It has all the seasonings AND a cooking bag which will make the pork ridiculously moist.

Step 3: Cut off any skin excess fat. (do leave some fat on there it will make it more moist)

Do not be afraid of having skin on meat, it cuts off pretty easy and there is great meat below it.
Your finished product should look something like this.

 
After the meat is cooked I scrape the marrow out and put it on fresh bread, it tastes delicious but most people don't know that. Its also super good for you.

 


Step 4: Cut off the extra fat. * Note: If you pull away the fat from the meat while cutting as shown in the picture you are less likely to cut off the meaty parts.
 
 


The directions say add veggies and this and that but all I ever add is the 1/4 cup water and the seasoning and it comes out perfectly.
 

Step 5: Place the meat in the McCormick bag and place in a pan (I just use a brownie pan)

 
 


While the meat is in the bag add in the seasoning and rub all over with your hands. Then add 1/4 cup of water (wash hands after)
 


Step 6: Place in oven on 350 degrees for 2 hours and let it sit for 5 minutes and POOF -> it will look like the above picture.
 
So that is pretty much the gist of it. The prep time can take a little while but if you have a sharp knife (I don't) it goes by pretty quick, I mean just cut it season it and shove it in the oven and leave it there and you have yourself and amazingly fall of the bone lunch/dinner. I also made some Jasmine tea for myself while I was cooking which was just kind of an extra treat for me. 


 


 
After all that was done and over with I headed to the dentist. I was not looking forward to this one bit and while I was glad I only had one filling to take care of  its the dentist. I had them give me nitrous which thank god eased my nerves. Overall it didn't hurt at all there was a slight pinch when they were numbing my gums but that was about it. Even after everything wore off  there was no pain at all. 

That about sums up my weekend though. I was really busy and I kind of wanted more time to relax and just overall time for myself but it will have to wait.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment