Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Where to begin? My 4 Day Weekend (Day 1)

Lots happened over the course of my 4 day weekend. I haven't yet decided if I am going to cut this into shorter multiple posts or just make one giant post with pictures.

Day 1 (Friday)

Well this day was sort of like any other in the sense that Curtis and I woke up at the butt of the morning and then we headed to get my teeth x-rayed and cleaned. I didn't have nitrous like I did last time so I was awake for the cleaning and I am NOT going to be doing that again. It worked the last nerve I had. There is just something about the dentist that makes me very uneasy.Come to find out I only need one filling and possibly two more if I don't start taking better care of my teeth. They scheduled me for Monday at 2:30pm which means I don't get to go to school with Curtis.

After the cleaning we grabbed lunch somewhere at Checkers (SUPER unhealthy) and then we headed to go look at puppies and kittens. None of the kittens really caught Curtis' eye so we didn't get one. We keep looking but he hasn't fallen in love yet with that special cat. I already have a cat Yuki:

and while Curtis loves her to death she really is my cat in the long run. There has been one cat we keep seeing at the Humane Society in Clearwater called Zach that he likes but adoption fees right now are at $55 which is a bit out of our reach. I have been thinking about going back there and just picking him up as a surprise for Curtis but when we move (which won't be till October 1st) we will have to pay double the cost of the pet fee and some of the pet fees are nuts!

After that we went home I relaxed a bit while Curtis practiced for the show that night. Friday was the first day of DOA, and my first time at DOA (Dean Owner's of America {if you own a Dean guitar you are in the club}).


When we entered the Kapok Pavilion I was AMAZED! I SUPER want to have my wedding there! I mean just look at some of these photos:















Curtis ended up getting a call right before we left asking to do two more songs. He did the first without a hitch though I have to say the singer was not very good at all and he did the second one okay too but the singer did horribly on that song! And come to find out the other two songs Curtis was supposed to do the drummer was missing for one song and Curtis spent like three months practising the wrong song for the last one. Oh well, we still had a great time.
We also saw a pretty good band there, thought the make-up was a bit much for me, Cadillac Freaks They were probably one of the best performances next to Michael Angelo Batio. We got some good pictures too but I am not going to post all those on here. We didn't get home till a little past midnight but we were both exhausted and had to be up the next morning to tour the Dean Guitar Factory.

All in all a great day and an amazing time. It was the first time I got to see Curtis perform and I am by far his biggest fan!

4 comments:

  1. Really? Dean Guitars? Those are crappy!!!

    (and by 'crappy' I mean 'my wife won't let me buy a pointy guitar.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad because my fiance is selling one of his for $400 and yes its black and pointy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... which one? WHICH ONE?!?!?!?!?!

    Don't tell my wife. I'll hide it under the bed or something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He says its the Dean Dime Shadow ML with a license Floyd Rose bridge system. He is looking to get around 350-400 for it he paid over $600 for it. A few light scratches on the back nothing on the front almost mint. Comes with hard case and the pick-ups are stock. Let me know if you are interested it would greatly help us out. :D

    ReplyDelete