Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Monday, April 4, 2011

Renaissance Festival & Money in the Bank

Curtis and I at the Bay Area Renaissance Festival 04/03/11

This Sunday for the first time in a long time Curtis and I BOTH had Sunday off from work. It stinks in a way because it means less hours and money for Curtis BUT we soooo needed that day off together. We both ended up paying way to much money for food and silly little things but I don't even care. I had deliberately stashed money away for a day like this so he and I could just go out and have a good time, and man did we ever. One of the many things I love about being out and just around Curtis is that we don't fight every time we go out. With some of my other relationships (okay most of them), it seemed like whenever we went out somewhere a fight would end up happening. They would hurt my feelings by saying or doing something or i would hurt theirs and it would end up ruining the whole day for the both of us. This pretty much never happens with Curtis, I mean we have disagreements and arguments here and there but most are very petty and we both get over it or we talk about it and then get over it. *sigh* I love him so much... yeah I know I am being all sappy today :P
At the Festival we saw a live chess match with battles, lots of people singing and playing instruments, and of course the washer women. They are by far the best show, and you get to get wet since they kind of throw water around. They also do audience participation and I was SUPER hoping that Curtis would be able to go up since I know he loves to perform but sadly they didn't pick him. The guys that they did pick though were pretty good. One guy almost got punched in the face because he had to go up to this really tough looking biker guy who was also at the Ren Fest and had no idea what was going on (and the guy who went up to the biker guy was wearing fairy wings to top it off) and say "daddy daddy why did you leave me" and he even gave him a hug, he ran back towards the stage after and exclaimed the guy was ready to punch him. 
One of the many things we did end up spending money on (besides ridiculously expensive drinks and a turkey leg) were henna tattoos. I made Curtis go away though I am pretty sure he knew what I was doing and I had them paint his name on the inside of my wrist. The guy got quite creative and it ended up a little bigger then I was hoping it would be but over all it came out great. Curtis later went back and got my name on his wrist *aaawwww*

The tattoo should last a week or two if I take care of it. So far no one at work has said anything so hopefully its no big deal. I don't think it would be since its not a permanent thing. 

After Ren Fest Curtis and I HAD to get something to drink, we already spent 6 bucks on two drinks while we were there and water was not free so we quickly made our way to CVS to grab Gatorade and tea. Now since the event took place not too far from the CVS you would think people would know about it but man if you would have seen the stares people were giving us. Luckily most of them didn't see my feet otherwise they really would have something to stare at. I wore flip flops and Ren Fest is outside in the sand and dirt and grass and my feet were black and disgusting by the time we got in the car. 
Curtis mentioned that he could really go for a Crush Orange Soda, but it has to be in a glass bottle. Well I knew that Datz carries a bunch of different flavored sodas and beers and they also have super yummy desserts that we never get to eat because by the time we are done eating our meal we are stuffed. As we drive by there we see a line to the front door circling ALL the way around the building. I still don't know what the event was but we pretty much decided to go somewhere else. 
I then got the brilliant idea of going to the greenwise publix since we were in the area and I was sure (or at least really hoping) that they might have it. After getting a little lost I found the place again. Well we did end up finding the soda finally but only in the 6 pack version. I figured what the heck this once is not going to hurt anything. Curtis grabbed some straws (because I guess that is the appropriate way to drink things from a glass bottle) and we were finally on our way home.
Once we were back on the road and I felt just how much my legs were aching from walking around all day I suggested we go to our apartments hot tub and take a dip because we have been living there for a little over a half a year and have yet to actually use the pool or the hot tub. 
We run into the house quickly get changed and grab towels and its around 8:30 at this point and Curtis still has a bio quiz to take before midnight (which later we found out were 3 quizzes but he got an 80% on the first one and 100% on the other two). We get to the pool area fence and surprise, its locked... so what do we do in this situation? Well what else, we jump the fence! It was no easy task seeing as I am only 5'3 but i still had it in me to lift my butt up and over. The hot tub felt SO nice! Curtis gave me a foot rub and later I gave him a foot/leg rub and we just floated together and stared at all the beautiful stars in the sky. it was very romantic and I love the feeling of being weightless in the water. 
I went over to the pool to see how cold it was, and yes it was very cold even thought it was a hot night. After a little coaxing on my part I convinced Curtis to quickly jump in the pool with me and then head straight back into the hot tub. The pool felt so good but then it started to sink and and we both ran like little kids back to the hot tub. our skin felt like pins and needles once we got back in there but after a while it calmed down. We decided to call it a night and head back in. 
That Sunday was by far one of the best I have had in a long time. 
On a side note, Curtis paid me a compliment which I was quite surprised by but happy to hear. He said after I was joking around with the girl at the checkout line in Greewise that I could do stand up. Now I don't think he knows this but at some point when I was much younger I always thought it would be neat to do that. Kind of a start off like Roseanne did and then make my way to acting. Of course for me its one of those unrealistic/non-sensible goals so I stuck to my studies and never went after it.
Well even though we spent a bit of money this weekend I am VERY happy to report that we now have saved close to $1,000 for the wedding which means we are a quarter of the way there! I still don't know if we will have enough saved to have it before the end of the year but I am going to put away as much as possible in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment