Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

No Job/Wedding/Graduation/Flowers

Well it looks like I probably didn't get the behavioral tech job. It is now Wednesday and I sent them an email last night asking if the position is still open. I haven't heard anything back but I am guessing they decided to go with another candidate. I'm not too upset but just a little sad I didn't get the chance to work there. This at least means though that my weekends will still be somewhat free and I can sometime in the near future take a little vacation with Curtis. We are hoping to go to Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral area to see the Kennedy Space Center. I have been saving up and I want to get a hotel on the beach even if it is not an ocean view. The problem there comes in that it is so expensive. I want to try and keep the cost of the hotel to be around 60 bucks and with it being this time of the year that is going to be difficult.

Tomorrow night my best friend flies in from Boston then she, myself, her mom and two brothers who are staying at my place for the night are all going to drive to Tallahassee for her graduation. She is getting her masters in Child Psychology. I can't wait to see her. Its been almost a year I think since the last time I saw her and this will also be the first time she meets Curtis. Granted it will be a short meeting because all of us have to get some rest before the drive. I also hope our room mate will just go to bed and not wonder in and out of the house and keep them awake since they will be sleeping on the couch.

I keep thinking about moving the wedding day up to August 8th which is a Monday but I don't know if we are going to have enough money saved up by then to actually have a nice wedding. The little Hungarian church is a good idea but I don't know if there would be enough room for everyone to dance and eat etc. They also said they would cater but I would prefer a sit down dinner for the wedding. Another girl from the restuarant may also be going on vacation that same weekend on top of everything else so that may not work out either. I guess part of me is just sick of waiting. But once I start adding everything up in my head as far as dress tux cake food etc. I have to admit to myself that its just not enough money yet. Curtis mentioned doing a pot-luck dinner thing but that just seems so cheap and cheesy to me.



As you can tell from the pictures above my little garden is growing big time. The radish are growing the fastest (the one in the first and second picture) and the squash I planted with the radish are really starting to grow (they are the two plants that are taller and have thicker stems then the radish). My flowers in the little blue pots are growing pretty quickly too but not as fast as some of the other items.

I am getting so into this planting thing that I actually bought more planters, the last picture the light blue one in the corner is going to be the biggest challenge seeing as they are cherry tomato plants and from what I have heard they are some of the hardest things to grow.

The red pot (which yes is actually one kids use to make sand castles) has carrot seeds and I have two other big plastic bowls (again not really meant for planting things but work just as well and are only $1 at walmart) one is growing poppy flowers (which I love but apparently take 180-300 days to grow) and the other has snap dragons which I have always loved since I was a kid in Hungary.

Hopefully everything will bloom, and bloom before we move so it will be easier to move the potted plants. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and a green thumb up in the air.


2 comments:

  1. I've got my fingers crossed for you. Sure hope the job comes through...Your little garden looks so healthy and green! Good Green Thumb you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you haven't heard anything yet. I hope you are having a great time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete