Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Monday, April 25, 2011

Today is Monday


Today is Monday. What does that mean besides another lovely week of work? It means that today I am should be getting an email or a phone call letting me know whether or not I got the Behavioral Tech job. I say should because if they did a lot of interviews, and I didn't get the job, they may not get in contact with me at all. It also means I am glancing at my phone every 10 seconds to see if I have any new emails. Every time I think I see the little green light that lets me know I have an email I pick up my phone and unlock it just to make sure my phone isn't messing up on today of all days. Has my phone ever messed up and randomly had the green light go off when there were really no new emails? No... but hey this could be the day right so I better keep an extra eye on it.

I already, in the course of writing this out, have probably looked at my phone over a dozen times.

The weekend was pretty uneventful really. Neither of us really get into celebrating Easter but I did manage to grab a couple of plastic eggs from work and draw a little bunny and chick on them and hide it around the house on Saturday. I made Curtis go look for them after he slept in till 11 (which he needed) and we played the hot and cold game. *just unlocked my phone again to see if I have anything new* I just put a couple of little chocolates in the eggs nothing big but I think it was fun.

I spent a ridiculous amount of money on going out last weekend so this weekend we pretty much stayed in. We did end up going to Ocean Blue but only had a couple of things of their half off menu so the final tab wasn't too bad.

I called my mom on Easter only to find out that she is in Arizona visiting with a friend of the family (who I can't stand because she and my mom would get together and discuss me being fat and "suggest" ways for me to lose weight). Well I found out she went with George (who is also another friend of the family and kind of like my dad) *just saw the green light lit up on my phone, it was junk mail* I know they didn't mean to but I kind of felt left out. She had to get off the phone quickly because they were playing a game and it sort of just felt like I wasn't a part of being invited and I was just bothering them by calling. Now I know I am dwelling in that a little too much and I should just take it with a grain of salt but it would have been nice if someone at least asked me if I wanted to go. oh well.

I also received a phone call from my grandmother in Hungary (this is a very rare occurrence) and she said she finally got a computer so she wanted to know what my email address was. In the mean time I told her there was going to be a wedding soon. And both she and my grandfather congratulated me and she said she wished she could be there. She also threw in a "its about time you're 26!" which really just made me laugh because thats just the mentality of that generation over there. In their eyes I should have been married and had babies by now.

Speaking of babies, seeing as I will not be having any for a while I started a small garden out on our patio. I am VERY suprised at how well its going.
This picture was taken I believe Friday and they have doubled in size since then. They are radish plants. The sushi restuarant actually uses the green part of the plant in one of their roles. I did pluck one cleaned it off and ate the stem (not the leaves) and it had the lightest little radish flavor, it was pretty neat. I am also growing some flowers in blue planters (aka plastic bowls) and there are a couple of squash seeds in the picture above that are just barely starting to sprout.

This is the first time I have every really planted anything and I think it is so neat to see these little guys grow. I want to maybe have a little cherry tomato plant growing soon but I know those are pretty hard to grow so we'll see. I got all the supplies at the dollar store of all places too! I don't mean a dollar general I am talking dollar tree where everything is a dollar. That includes the dirt I am using because god only knows the only kind of dirt I am getting outside in Florida is sand.

I will try and update the photos of the plants from time to time and see if i can convince Curtis to make some more sushi using the little radish plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment