Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Happy Joy Joy (Sushi, teeth, jobs, haircuts)




As my title states, I am quite happy at the moment. Everything went very smoothly yesterday when Curtis talked to Mike about becoming a Sushi chef at his restaurant. In fact I can safely say it went better than smoothly and much better then I could have hoped for. Curtis officially starts working there and learning next Friday. He will be working every Friday and Saturday until this semester is over and after that he will will be working there 5 days a week!!! :D *does happy dance*

Now at the beginning he will not be earning tips because he will still be learning and it is only 7.50 an hour BUT they said he can still keep his job at Gamestop which means when the summer rolls around we are going to literally be rolling the money in. (At least I hope). After he has been there for a while he will of course start getting tips and Mike's promise was along the lines that he will be getting a raise here and there as he progresses. I know this is however going to cause Curtis quite a bit of stress because he will be learning something new and Mike being Japanese will not have certain courtesies when it comes to teaching as American's do.

Oh and MORE great news if Curtis continues to work at the Sushi Restaurant on Fridays and Saturdays it means he and I will be working together. Now I have never worked with Curtis but he and I already had a discussion on the matter last night. We both agreed that as affectionate as we are with one another when we are together and talkative that will not be the case for either of us when working. Its one of the things I love about him and about us, when it comes to work we both get down to business and do everything needed to get the job done. I am still way curious though as to how that's all going to work out. Curtis will also be working in the back where I wash dishes and prepping food and things like that, basically learning how to cook their way.

AND because he got the job it meant Curtis would have to get a hair cut. His hair was down to his shoulders. I say was because as soon as I heard he will be starting Friday (Me thinking this Friday and not next Friday) i arranged a hair cut with a stylist at the salon I go to (Somers Salon) that same day. Curtis got his hair cut last night in other words. Because I referred him I got $20 off my next session AND his hair cut was completely FREE! I tipped the girl big time because MY GOD does he look good. I mean I always thought of Curtis as a handsome attractive man but this hair cut really brings out his features. The stylist did SUCH a good job. I just wish I brought my camera with me at the time. I am going to take pictures tonight and post some tomorrow or later in the week.

His teeth are coming along quite well too. He is in a bit of pain right now, he said it was around the socket for the tooth he got pulled. I am a little worried it got infected or something from whatever he ate but more than likely he is just not taking his pain medication like he is supposed to be. They gave him oxycontin but I don't think its taking the appropriate effect.

He goes back to work tomorrow and for the rest of the week. His spring break is officially over. I feel bad for him because he had such a busy/painful week but at the same time once school is over he is no longer going to have these week long breaks, its going to be work work work every day of the week.

I guess I should update a little on me. I have been sleeping very restlessly lately and I am thinking about switching my prozac back to taking it in the morning. I am still super tired come around lunch time and I even took a nap in my car yesterday on my lunch break. I do however feel a little better as far as the anxiety goes, still taking xanax as needed but its very rare and I still have 24+ pills left from the original 30 I was prescribed. I need to start watching what I eat again too because I put on a little weight and lately it seems like all i can do in my spare time is stuff my face. I just need to take action and start heading to the gym and just watching what and how much goes down my mouth.

Other than that I am pretty freaking happy. Things seem to be going well and I am of course paranoid something is going to go terribly wrong and ruin it but I am at least trying to enjoy the ride for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment