Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Monday, March 14, 2011

I am a... Receptionist/Dish Washer/Waitress/Cook/Fiance/Student.... and the list goes on...

So my first day at my third job (can I really call it a third job since its at the same sushi restuarant but just a different title?) didn't go too bad. I was WAY nervous and I did make some mistakes as was expected, nothing major just little things like forgetting to give them their little bowl to pour the soy sauce in and I was late bringing out a families miso soup.

Curtis and I went shopping the day before to get me another pair of black pants and some white button down shirts (the uniform required for the waitressing job). Now I am unfortunately (and I use that term lightly) top heavy so finding ANYTHING that is a button up and fits both my top and my waist is hard to come by. After going to 4 different locations we finally found a whopping TWO tops. Needless to say I will be going back out again after work today to see if I can find like one or two more because I know I am eventually going to stain those shirts badly. I have to say though it was very nice to not have to wash dishes. I helped prep food when I first got there and made some food for myself. They always feed us dinner which I think is very nice of them (and no its never sushi).

I also found out that instead of only getting $20 for the week that I am working I will be getting my regular salary of minimum wage plus 10% tips while training. And while that may sound sarcastic I am thrilled about it. It was a little hard watching the other server (who is an awesome guy) walk away with like $95 worth of tips and me with all of $11 in my hand but everyone has to pay their dues and after 7 days of training I will be making I believe it was 40% in tips. So either way I am a happy camper.

I'm working 7 days a week now. I don't know if they are going to want me to come in  as much as I am on the week of training but if so I am going to be one exhausted kitten. I will be making a decent amount of cash which is great but already not having my one day of the week, Sunday, to myself I felt I was a bit more grouchy then I needed to be to poor Curtis.

Speaking of Curtis, he and I start working together starting Friday... weee... He is still in pain from where they pulled the tooth which has me a little worried and he keeps getting headaches almost every day which REALLY has me worried. He says he is going to go get checked out by his doctor if he can schedule something for Friday morning but both of us are going to be so busy this week and the next couple of weeks that its going to require a LOT of time management to get everything we need done around the house, school and work without driving each other nuts in the mean time. So far he and I have had a very good way about doing this but with these extra jobs and finals are coming soon its really going to get piled on.

I think part of the reason I haven't actually gone partially crazy yet is because of the prozac. I don't know if it is keeping me happier or more calm or what but as long as I get one day off I seem to be okay. I'm hoping that if I do start working 7 days a week regularly my body and mind will just adjust and make it so it doesn't stress me out. I mean people all over the world work 7 days a week so I should be able to with no problem right?

No comments:

Post a Comment