Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Holy Hot Popsicle Sticks Batman, That's a Lot of Money.

So out of nowhere a friend of Curtis' (Charles) who I have met twice gave us our wedding/Christmas present early. As I am sure you can guess by the picture it was cash. a LOT of cash, like I just pooped my pants that a lot of cash to give to someone who you have only met twice.


Charles gave Curtis and I $1,300!!!


Now I am sure that may not be a lot of money to everyone but no one, and I mean NO ONE, has ever given me that much money in one sitting. The most cash I think I have ever gotten was $1,000 and that was from my father the first time I saw him in 12 years for college. And while yes I have gotten presents that were more then that amount its still a shocker. Mainly because I have only met this guy twice. He is a great guy funny and sweet and a dork of course cause that's the kind of people we hang out with but it really took me by surprise. He handed me the envelope with the money in it and I thought awesome maybe one or two hundred bucks, that will come in SUPER handy. I asked Curtis to take the money because I was at lunch at the time not knowing just how much was in there.

While I did say thank you at lunch the next time I see him I am going to give him a huge hug and thank him again. I just really don't know what else to say to his generosity.


This means that Curtis and I are only about $750 away from our goal! Which by October should be totally doable. I am just now scared to death because I am starting to wonder what will go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment