Counter

Locations of Site Visitors

Monday, May 9, 2011

Wedding Woes

So after asking my dear and beloved Fiance for the past FIVE FREAKING WEEKS to email a guy he knows who MIGHT be able to get us a good deal on a venue for the wedding he finally sent the email today. His reasoning for not sending it before? He was busy. Now I will grant him that, yes, we have both had a very hectic schedule over this past semester. BUT if  you have time to update facebook and read my blog then you freaking have time to send a five minute (if not less) email! Ugh!
 
I have been putting away every freaking dime I have for this wedding from my dish washing/waitressing job at the restuarant and I know money is tight for him right now so I'm not mad about him not being able to contribute as much but could you at least be slightly more involved in the planning of the wedding. 
I don't have my maid of honor around, she is in Boston. My mom won't come and visit me in Florida because she thinks we will just argue about the dress. The two girls that did volunteer to help me dress shop once slept with my current fiance and the other doesn't know that I know she is sleeping with my ex fiance. I have all of one day a week off from work which is the same day the majority of the wedding dress places are closed. If I do buy a dress its going to take 4-6 months to arrive and the wedding is now scheduled for October so I need to make a decision soon. A huge problem with this is that I actually found the wedding dress I want badly but the freaking thing costs almost $1,600 and the total amount we plan on spending on the wedding is $4,000 if we can help it. But once my mind is made up its going to be damn hard to change it.  I have looked on all the discount wedding dress stores online and NO ONE is selling that dress for cheaper. 

I have scoured for venues and for caterers and have looked at wedding cakes, and I can't make up my mind on any of it because the budget of the wedding is so up in the air. I don't know if we will have $4,000 in time for the wedding. I am saving about 400-500 a month but then the sushi place ends up being slow and I bring home less than that. 

I am so close to just saying screw it and just going to the court house but damn it all I want that wedding dress and I freaking WANT to walk down the isle and I want pictures and I want everyone in the world I know to see it. 

What else is bugging me about the dress is that I know that I am going to need to lose weight before the wedding so if I get a dress that fits me now it may not fit me in time for the wedding. So then what the freak do I do? Spend another couple hundred so I can have it altered again. yeah... great... 

Sorry about all the complaining folks but I just needed to get that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment